ROCHESTER, N.Y. -- Firefighters say a major short in a power box is responsible for sparking a fire at Monroe Community Hospital early New Year's Day.

Firefighters say an electric panel on the fourth floor caught fire around 2:30 a.m. 

Crews got in quickly extinguished the fire, but not before the sprinkler system caused some water damage.

The fire was contained to the utility room.

Firefighters say no one occupies the section of the building where the fire started, however there was a power outage to part of the building.