TIOGA CENTER, N.Y. -- A home in Tioga Center is being ruled a complete loss after a fire broke out late Wednesday night.

Crews responded to 143 Halsey Road around 10:30 p.m. for reports of a chimney fire.

The flames quickly spread, but the fire was later put out, and the scene was cleared early this morning.

But a few hours later, the flames rekindled, and the house was fully engulfed once again.

Several departments were forced to return.

The Tioga Center Police chief says two people lived in the house, but they weren't home at the time.

The Tioga Central School District was placed on a two-hour delay because of the fire.