RALEIGH, N.C. -- Every year hundreds of thousands of people from all over the country flock to the N.C. State Fairgrounds in Raleigh to attend the State Fair.
Visitors come to see livestock and produce, ride rides, and, of course, sample the FOOD!
The 2018 North Carolina State Fair runs Oct. 11-21.
- Thursday. Oct. 11: 3 p.m.– 11 p.m.
- Friday, Oct. 12 – Saturday, Oct. 13: 8 a.m.– midnight
- Sunday Oct. 14 – Thursday, Oct. 18: 8 a.m.– 11 p.m.
- Friday, Oct. 19 – Saturday, Oct. 20: 8 a.m.– midnight
- Sunday, Oct. 21: 8 a.m.– 11 p.m.
- More than 1,000,000 people attended the State Fair in 2017.
- You can attend church services at the fair on Sunday
- You can get in for FREE on Thursday, Oct. 18 by bringing five cans of food to donate
- There’s a ski lift that can take you over the whole State Fair
- You can buy a pass for unlimited rides.
- The largest cantaloupe in the world will be at this year's fair. It weighs 65.9 lbs and was grown in North Carolina in 2018
- The 2017 ‘Best New Food’ was Arepas from Arepa Loca
Tickets can be bought online and at the gate.
Tickets can also be bought at some Food Lions.
- Pre-Sales (before Oct. 11): $8
- Gate: $10
- Online (after Oct. 11) $9
- Military (gate only): $6
- Seniors (65+): Free
- Ages 5 & Under: Free
- Pre-Sales (before Oct. 11) $3
- Gate: $5
- Online (after Oct. 11) $4
There are some promotional tickets you can buy online in advance that we definitely recommend to get the most out of the State Fair
- DIZZY PASS - $31 - FastTrack Admission Ticket + Unlimited Rides Wristband
- CASEY'S FAMILY 4-PACK - $50 - 4 FastTrack Admission Tickets + 36 tickets + Cardinal Plush Doll
- KEGS AND CORKS PASS - $15 - FastTrack Ticket + Public House Admission + two 8oz N.C. craft beer samples OR two 3oz N.C. wine samples
There are LOTS of free parking options that are within minutes of the free shuttles. If you're planning to get to the fair early, we recommend parking between Carter-Finley Football Stadium and PNC Arena.
If you plan on getting to the fair a little later in the day, fret not! There are still plenty of parking options.