CHARLOTTE -- A desperate plea from a mother of 10 after a fire ripped through her south Charlotte apartment Friday morning.
She says the fire destroyed everything.
Amanda Jones says she hasn't slept all day ever since that fire on Leafcrest Lane, that's just off Archdale Drive.
She says she needs clothes and everyday items, but most importantly housing that can accommodate her large family.
Jones says she was doing laundry around 3:00 a.m. when she heard the breaker in her laundry room making popping noises.
She says she didn't think anything of it, until she returned minutes later, opening the door to a wall of flames and smoke.
She told us she started yelling to wake everyone up, trying to get her 10 kids out safely.
Everyone got out and was ok, but their future is now uncertain as she searches for a place that will take her family, and be affordable. A challenge she calls overwhelming.
"I have 10 babies I have to worry about and I’m a single parent so it’s just overwhelming with that because I have nowhere to go. I have to start from scratch, clothes furniture, everything from scratch just please help my family. We would greatly appreciate anything," Jones says.
They are staying with her mother Friday night, who lives in a much smaller unit in that apartment complex.
Charlotte Fire has ruled the fire accidental due to an electrical problem with their dryer.
If you can and want to help this family, reach out to them via email Queen7046@gmail.com.